Purification of the Soul
Instructor: Yahya Ibrahim
Booking details available soon
The heart is the most crucial part of the body and is directly connected to one's soul. Explore the diseases of the heart and equip yourself with knowledge on how to cure them in this detailed course.
Yahya Ibrahim is Canadian by birth & education, Egyptian through a rich ancestry, Turkish via the blessing of marriage to Songul and Australian by Choice of residence and migration.
Since his early teens Yahya has been talking about Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims. He was blessed with numerous opportunities to meet, translate, study and teach alongside some of the Islamic worlds top scholars.
Yahya Ibrahim began memorizing the Qur’an at the age of 16 and finished 20 months later, receiving an ijazah (certification) in proficiency and an instruction to teach. He began lecturing at the age of 17 and has been involved in the Islamic community since 1993 , alhamdulillah.
Ustadh Yahya is blessed now to be living in Perth, Western Australia with his wife and three wonderful children – Shireen, Omar and Adam. He is a regular lecturer to Muslim and non-Muslim audiences their and around the world. He travels in Australasia, Africa, South East Asia, Europe and Canada to deliver lectures on Islam and Muslims to a variety of audiences.
He is committed to spreading a message to Muslims that empowers them spiritually and helps them integrate into the broader community. He is born in the west, raised in the west and lives in the west. A message of anti-militancy, religious tolerance, and moral universality are a part of his outlook.
Yahya is a registered Teacher and serves the Muslim community at Curtin University and teaches internationally with AlKauthar Institute www.alkauthar.org .
1. Appreciating the holistic nature of Islam.
2. Love for Allah’s Messenger (ṣalla'llāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam).
3. Recognising the diseases of the heart.
4. Learning their causes and their cures
5. Purifying your intentions for actions.
6. Anger management.
7. Controlling the tongue.
8. Increasing the quality of your tawbah.
Part 1: The 3 Components of Man & the Reality of Religion
- The 3 Components of Man
- The Components of the Religion
Part 2: Iḥsān
- The levels of Iḥsān
- Acquiring higher levels of Iḥsān
Part 3: Tazkiyah – Concepts & Terms
- Definition of Tazkiyat al-Nafs
- Remedies and Cures
- Importance of Tazkiyat al-Nafs
Part 4: The Traps of the Shayṭān
- Evil – Origins and Wisdoms
- Iblīs' Ploy
- Iblīs’ Last Attack
Part 5: Diseases and Vices of the Heart
- Anger - Effects of Anger; Anger management
- Backbiting, slander and tale carrying
- Riyāʾ (Ostentation): Types of Riyāʾ
- Love of this world