Belief in the Hereafter
Instructor: Yahya Ibrahim
After you leave this world, you will enter another. A world you cannot see and yet it is a fundamental part of our belief. How can you begin to imagine this world? In this course you will learn about how Allah and then our Prophet (ṣalla'llāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) describes the sequence of events beginning from the signs of the Hour, the Day of Judgement and all that occurs up until we enter upon our final destination either in the terrible torments of the Hellfire or the everlasting pleasures of Paradise.
And who believe in what has been sent down to you (Muḥammad ṣalla'llāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) and in [the Books] what was sent down before you and they believe with certainty in the Hereafter. (Sūrat al-Baqarah, 2:4)
You will learn about the following events:
- Belief in the Last Day and its effects
- The Hour and its signs
- Life in the barzakh
- Al-Khātimah (A persons end)
- Reward and punishment in the grave
- The resurrection
- The Great Gathering
- Awaiting Judgement
- Paradise and Hellfire
- The reward and reality of seeing Allah
Learning about the Hereafter with correct understanding is the solution to the confusions we face regarding matters of the Unseen, a core aspect of Muslim belief. This knowledge strengthens the īmān of a Muslim and aims to build taqwā by establishing love, fear and hope of Allah.
Yahya Ibrahim is Canadian by birth & education, Egyptian through a rich ancestry, Turkish via the blessing of marriage to Songul and Australian by Choice of residence and migration.
Since his early teens Yahya has been talking about Islam to Muslims and non-Muslims. He was blessed with numerous opportunities to meet, translate, study and teach alongside some of the Islamic worlds top scholars.
Yahya Ibrahim began memorizing the Qur’an at the age of 16 and finished 20 months later, receiving an ijazah (certification) in proficiency and an instruction to teach. He began lecturing at the age of 17 and has been involved in the Islamic community since 1993 , alhamdulillah.
Ustadh Yahya is blessed now to be living in Perth, Western Australia with his wife and three wonderful children – Shireen, Omar and Adam. He is a regular lecturer to Muslim and non-Muslim audiences their and around the world. He travels in Australasia, Africa, South East Asia, Europe and Canada to deliver lectures on Islam and Muslims to a variety of audiences.
He is committed to spreading a message to Muslims that empowers them spiritually and helps them integrate into the broader community. He is born in the west, raised in the west and lives in the west. A message of anti-militancy, religious tolerance, and moral universality are a part of his outlook.
Yahya is a registered Teacher and serves the Muslim community at Curtin University and teaches internationally with AlKauthar Institute www.alkauthar.org .
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3E 6K6
1. Understanding the significance and status of studying the Last Day.
2. Distinguish what we know from what we do not know regarding when the Hour will occur.
3. Identify the signs of the Day of Judgement.
4. Distinguising between Major & Minor signs and how to deal with them.
5. Identify the causes and signs of a good and bad death.
6. Identify the beliefs regarding life after death, the grave, and reward/punishment in the grave.
7. Identify the beliefs regarding the Resurrection. Awareness of the position of various other groups.
8. Identify the descriptions of the gathering of people after the Resurrection
9. Understanding details of intercession on that day.
10. Identify details of the Judgement.
11. Identify details of the Mīzān (the Balance), the Ḥawd, the Ṣirāṭ, the Qantarah and al-Aʿrāf.
12. Identify the opinions of the scholars about Paradise, Hellfire and seeing Allah.
13. Identify important principles which help a Muslim deal with matters of the Unseen in the correct manner.
1. Belief in the Last Day
2. The Hour and its signs
3. Death and Life in al-Barzakh
4. Al-Khātimah (the end of one’s worldly life)
5. Al-Qabr (the Grave)
6. The Resurrection
7. The Great Gathering
8. The Standing (awaiting judgement)
10. The Pool (al-Ḥawd)
13. Paradise and Hellfire
14. Seeing Allah (al-ruʾyah)
15. Principles that help Muslims to deal with matters of the Unseen in the correct manner
designed and developed by websquare