Fiqh of Marriage & Divorce
Instructor: Musleh Khan
The quest to spend our life with a special someone is a journey every one of us aspires to embark on. It is precisely for this reason that the Sharīʿah has clarified to us so many of its principles and mannerisms, that we may lead a blessed, happy life with our true soul mate. Without this knowledge, marriage is devoid of the blessings of Islam. Similarly, to ensure that the Islamic brotherhood and sisterhood is preserved, the Sharīʿah has set down clear guidelines on the Prophetic etiquettes and rulings of divorce. Despite divorce being so rampant these days, most people hardly know anything about it.
In this course you will learn the fiqh of the entire marriage process. Some of the course highlights include:
- Qualities to look for in a spouse
- Manners of proposing to a prospective partner
- The rulings of Islam pertaining to the marriage contract, its conditions and invalidators
- Modern methods and types of marriage and their rulings in Islam
- Clear understanding about the rulings of illegal marriage, zina. How to deal with it's children out of wedlock
- Rulings pertaining to the Islamic manner of divorce and annulment (khulaʾ)
- Clear and detailed understanding of the aftermath of divorce, such as child custody
Nurture that love and build a blessed marriage by learning all you need to know about the rules and regulations of Marriage with AlKauthar's knockout course.
Born in the land of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Madinah, Saudi Arabia Musleh Khan grew up in Toronto Canada where he developed a strong love for basketball and was chosen as part of the starting line-up for 5 years in high school, then later graduated as student council President in 1998. He then went on to pursue a diploma in Computer Programming Analysis at York University which then lead to an acceptance at the University of Madinah in 2002-2011.
He spent approximately 10 years studying under various scholars and acquired a broad understanding of Islamic sciences including Fiqh, Hadith, Tafseer and Aqeedah.
Sheikh Musleh Khan travels to many parts of the world including Australia, Europe and other parts of Canada to deliver lectures on Islam and Muslims to a variety of audiences.
In addition, he has appeared on worldwide Islamic TV networks including IslamChannel and Ramadan TV.
Sh Musleh is committed to spreading a message of simplicity and spiritual upliftment through knowledge and etiquettes to Muslims that empowers them and helps them integrate into the broader community.
Sh.Musleh is currently the Director of Education at the Khalid bin Walid Mosque in Toronto Canada where he conducts regular classes and lectures.
He enjoys long-distance running, basketball and loves to read and write in addition to spending time with his family in Toronto where he and his wife reside.
Bradford Bulls, Grattan Stadium, Odsal, Bradford, BD6 1BS, United Kingdom
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
From Motorway (East, West & South):
From the M62, Junction 26, follow the signs for the M606. Take the M606 and come off at Junction 1. Take the second exit left on to A6038 (Rooley Avenue) and follow the road to the first roundabout. At the roundabout turn left and proceed for 50 yards before taking your first left onto Stadium Road. The Stadium is situated at the end of the road.
From Bradford City Centre & Interchange:
Follow the signs for, and join the A641, Manchester Road. After approximately 4 miles from the City Centre take the exit signposted Odsal and continue up the slip road to the roundabout. At the roundabout take the second exit and proceed for 50 yards before taking your first left onto Stadium Road. The Stadium is situated at the end of the road.
Gameday parking for pass holders is available in the Stadium Car Parks A-E accessible via Stadium Road, while parking for non-pass holders is available on the Richard Dunn Car Park located directly opposite the stadium on the A6038 (Rooley Avenue).
BY RAIL: Bradford Interchange is situated in the heart of Bradford City Centre, opposite Centenary Square and connects the main Trans Pennine route between Manchester and Leeds with local trains and Bus services. Bradford Interchange also connects to Leeds Station which is serviced by GNER, Arriva Trains Northern, Midland Mainline, and Virgin Trains.
BY BUS: The major bus service provider in the city IS First Bradford, which includes the operation of the 'Overground network'. The Overground operates on six main routes in and out of Bradford City Centre. Each of the routes are colour branded for easy recognition and are operated by new vehicles with a service every 10 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime. Services 622/623, 624, 625/626, 627, 645, 646, 681, 682, 845 all pass Grattan Stadium on their routes, and to find out more about these routes and timetable information click here. For further route and timetable information please call the Metroline on 0113 245 7676. To see the full First Bradford network map please click here.
BY AIR: Bradford has the luxury of its own International Airport with regular flights from the major destinations in the UK and major European destinations. The airport is located to the North East of the city, approximately 11 miles from Grattan Stadium by road.
1. Learn all about the rulings of marriage, the marriage proposal, the pillars of marriage and its details.
2. Learn all about the women that are forbidden to get married to and about their level of dependance on their walīs.
3. Learn in detail about the rulings of divorce and its intricacies.
4. Learn all about the ʿiddah and its rulings, and the khulaʾ and its rulings.
5. Clarify a number of misunderstandings regarding marriage and divorce laws in Islam.
6. Have a good idea about the rulings regarding some of the most important modern issues that plague our society in the matters of marriage and divorce.
7. Appreciate the comprehensive nature of our Sharīʿah.
1. Introduction to Marriage
2. The Rulings of Marriage
3. Choosing the right spouse
4. Making the proposal
5. Pillars of Marriage
6. The Women that are forbidden
7. The Walī
8. The Mahr (dowry)
9. Fiqh of Divorce
10. Nature of divorce in Islam
11. Pillars of Divorce
12. Types of Divorce
13. The ʿIddah (waiting period)
14. Annulment of marriage (khulaʾ)
15. The rights of custody
designed and developed by websquare