Fiqh of Ḥajj
The Ḥajj is the single most important and magnificent experience for the Muslim. It is a demonstration of submission to Allah and solidarity of the ummah.
Journey of the Hearts is a single day intensive that will take a look at the essentials of this journey of a lifetime. If this is the year you are planning to perform ḥajj, this course will provide you with all the information required for your mental, spiritual and practical preparation.
And proclaim to mankind the Ḥajj. They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant mountain highway. (Sūrat al-Ḥajj, 22:27)
In this course you will be taken step by step through the Ḥajj rites. It is often overwhelming to be among some 3 million Muslims of various languages in a foriegn land. This course will help you plan your journey and prepare for the expected and the unexpected.
Firstly, you will gain familiarity with all the rites of Ḥajj. A step by step study of the obligations according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (ṣalla'llāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam). In this fiqh based part of the course you will cover topics including:
- The virtues & wisdoms of the Ḥajj.
- Upon whom the Ḥajj is obligated.
- Performing Ḥajj on behalf of another person.
- The points of Mīqāt, and the issues surrounding these.
- The various types of Ḥajj.
- The Iḥrām, the prohibitions while in it and the penalties for violating it.
- The ʿumrah, the ṭawāf & the saʿī.
- The days of Hajj in Mina, ʿArafāt & Muzdalifah.
Thereafter you will be instructed by Ustadh Ismail Davids who has many years of experience as a Ḥajj guide. His goal is to prepare you with the practicality of such a blessed journey in the blessed land. Your course binder is designed to be your guide in this blessed and spiritual journey and includes a full checklist to refresh your memory.
90 London Road
By train and tube
Closest stations are Elephant & Castle, Waterloo, Borough and London Bridge and they are all within walking distance. Please check Transport for London’s website for planned engineering works that may affect your journey here.
Directions from Elephant & Castle Station
Once outside the station turn right and after a few meters you will see the main entrance to the University. Go past the entrance remaining on London road until you see an entrance on the right signed London Road Sports Centre. This will be the entrance to Registration, break rooms and Lecture hall.
You can take the following buses to get to the venue.
Numbers 1, 12, 35, 40, 45, 53, 63, 68, 100, 133, 148, 155, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 196, 333, 344, 360, 363, 453, 468, C10 and P5.
Venue & Parking
There are no car parking facilities on site. The surrounding roads are available to park in parking bays as restrictions are Mon-Fri but are limited. From London road you can access parking from Thomas Doyle Street which leads to Keyworth street. Both these roads have parking available on Saturday. As London road is one way if you are at the Elephant & Castle road about you can also access parking from Newington Causeway and take the first left which will lead to Keyworth street.
As parking is limited you are advised to arrive early.
1. To explain the importance of Ḥajj and ʿUmrah.
2. To teach the fiqh of Ḥajj.
3. To impart a good understanding of how to put the theory of fiqh into practice.
4. To help prepare for the practical aspects of travelling to Saudi Arabia for Ḥajj.
5. To give some tips and tricks for Ḥajj.
Section A: The Rulings of Hajj
1. Definitions of Ḥajj and ʿUmrah
2. Virtues of Ḥajj and ʿUmrah
3. Wisdoms of Ḥajj
4. Upon whom is Ḥajj obliged?
5. Types of Ḥajj
6. The mīqāts
8. Prohibitions in the state of iḥrām
9. Penalties for violation of state of iḥrām
11. The Hajj
12. The Visit to Madīnah al-Munawwarah
Section B: Practical advice for Ḥajj
1. Journey of a lifetime
3. What to expect
4. Hajj numbers for 1995–2004
5. The journey and iḥrām
6. Arrival in Jeddah
7. Makkah al-Mukarramah
8. Between ʿUmrah and Ḥajj
9. The Ḥajj
10. Ḥajj day by day
11. Back to Makkah
12. Visit to Madīnah al-Munawwarah
13. Going home
14. Your own pearls of wisdom
15. Ḥajj support for you
designed and developed by websquare