Fiqh of Ṣalāh
Instructor: Tawfique Chowdhury
What do you think of an act of worship – the most ordered in the Qurʾan, the first on which we'll be judged, the true sign of one's belief, the one that brings you the closest to Allah and the one that brings you to the true station of servitude (prostration)? A simple 5 minute act of worship that is more beloved to Allah than this world and all that is in it!
Little wonder is it not, that the Prophet's last advice before he passed away was: 'The Prayer, the Prayer!'
Yet with such importance, how few are those who learn about it and practice it correctly? On top of that, how much differences exists in the ummah in the manner of prayer? And finally, how pitiful that people don't take the full reward of the prayer – just as the Prophet (ṣalla'llāhu ʿalayhi wa-sallam) said in the authentic ḥadīth: A person prays and yet for him only a tenth or a quarter or a half of its reward is written.
Are you sure your prayers are correct?
Are you sure they are done in the manner that deems them acceptable?
Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury is the Chairman and CEO of Mercy Mission. He has, from an early age, excelled in academic studies, consistently being awarded prizes and accolades for his various achievements.
Sheikh Tawfique is a graduate of Medicine from the University of Bond, Australia, as well as a graduate of the college of Shariah at the Islamic University of Madinah.
Being a prolific speaker, Sheikh Tawfique Chowdhury has travelled internationally, sharing his knowledge worldwide. He is renowned for specializing in Islamic Jurisprudence - particularly Islamic finance, Muslim Family Law and Islamic Medical Ethics.
You can watch some of Sheikh Tawfique's recent lectures below.
1. Understanding the importance and value of the Prayer.
2. Understanding all about the actions before Prayer such as the adhān, iqāmah and walking to the Prayer.
3. Deep understanding of building khushūʿ in the Prayer.
4. Strong understanding of the fiqh of Prayer and how to understand its rulings when a person makes a mistake.
5. Understanding everything about the prostrations of forgetfulness and following the imām.
6. Understanding the most important mistakes that people make in Prayer.
7. Answering the most important and frequent questions that people have about Prayer.
1. Introduction to Ṣalāh
2. The Importance of Prayer
3. Proofs for the obligation of Prayer
4. Other people with regards the obligation of Prayer
5. Establishing the Prayer
6. Adhān and Iqāmah
7. Conditions of Prayer
8. Manner of walking to the Prayer
9. 40 ways of building Khushūʿ
10. The pillars of Prayer
11. Obligatory actions in Prayer
12. Important matters about the manner of Prayer
13. Prostration of forgetfulness
14. Leading others in Prayer
designed and developed by websquare